Standards developed by the Mortgage Industry Standards Maintenance Organization (MISMO) have never been more important to our industry. Why is that? It is because recent changes have resulted in a dramatic increase in demand for data and information exchanges. Everyone has new business partners with whom they need to exchange information. Regulatory demands have and will continue to significantly impact the way we transact business. In order to effectively communicate, we all need to be speaking the same "language".
The MISMO Summits offer you an opportunity to learn more about MISMO and to engage in face-to-face standard setting activities. Educational sessions are designed to meet the needs of everyone from those new to MISMO to those with years of experience. Come meet the industry experts. Sit down and participate in the industry work group sessions where the standards are being set.
MISMO needs your support in these efforts to help us make the right business and technical decisions as we work together to evolve the industry standards.
Take advantage of the steep registration discount that will be offered to MISMO Subscribers. If you aren't already a MISMO Subscriber, be sure to fill out a Subscriber Application today and start enjoying all of the benefits that a MISMO subscription offers.
The Summit will have Educational offerings on Monday and Tuesday that will include the following topics and more :
- Proposed Rule Making on HMDA : Come hear the CFPB provide an overview of the proposed rulemaking and feedback received to date.
- Implementing the CFPB Integrated Disclosures : This session will be a workshop on Integrated Disclosures. Join this session to get an overview of the RESPA-TILA requirements; listen to industry experts provide insight into potential implementation challenges and proposed solutions; discover what's included in the MISMO Reference Model; and learn more about the GSEs Uniform Closing Dataset (UCD) reporting requirement.
- Servicing Transfers Session and Roundtable Discussion : Hear from our expert panel on the current issues and challenges in the Servicing Transfer arena. Participate in the discussion to surface potential issues and identify industry solutions.
- Need for Standards in the Information Security Space Session and Roundtable Discussion : Learn more about the state of information security in the mortgage industry. Participate in the discussion on the industry need for standards in this space.
- MISMO Implementation Series – Getting Started with MISMO: Get tips on how to get started with using the MISMO standards. Get access to tools, guides, and other resources.
- Orientation for those who are New to MISMO : First time to a Summit? Maybe you’ve attended previously but would appreciate some additional insight? Attend the orientation which will provide you with the knowledge and tools to jump right in – participate in the workgroups – and help shape the future!
The remainder of the week will feature the MISMO workgroup sessions. For more information, see documents linked below .
Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria. MISMO has negotiated a discounted room rate of $149. The discount will be available until May 19th. To reserve your room, click HERE or you can call 1-800-228-9290 and indicate that you are attending the "MISMO Summit".
If you have any questions, please e-mail INFO@MISMO.ORG
MISMO would like to thank the following SPONSORS for supporting the MISMO SPRING SUMMIT:
Sponsoring a MISMO Summit is an exceptional opportunity to position your company in front of industry decision-makers and leaders. To discuss sponsorship opportunities tailored to your needs and goals, please contact MISMO at (202) 557-2715.