MISMO Software Compliance Certification
MISMO Software Compliance Certification Program
- Does your company sell a product to the mortgage industry?
- Do you want to differentiate yourself from the competition?
- MISMO Software Certification Helps Lenders Verify Compliance
In an industry where regulations are increasing the requirements for lender oversight of their vendors, MISMO certification can provide a level of assurance that your products comply with industry standards. The MISMO Software Compliance Certification Program enables technology providers to assess their MISMO based products for compliance with MISMO standards. If compliant, providers can showcase their competitive advantage by displaying a "MISMO Compliant" certification mark.
PLEASE NOTE: MISMO Software Certification in the TRID Business Domain is NOT certification that the product is in compliance with TRID rules and regulations. It is certification of appropriate use of MISMO standards and best practices related to the data aspects of the Integrated Disclosures, specifically data and information exchanges required to support the Closing Disclosure (CD) and/or Loan Estimate (LE) artifacts.
The Certification Program is a versatile program intended to evaluate how the MISMO standard has been applied for a specified product within a specified business domain. Certification includes a review of a company's MISMO-related practices. Certification also includes an evaluation of the software or tool usage of MISMO standards as well as proof of the capability of the software or tool to create MISMO oriented data transmissions, interfaces or reports. Two levels of certification are available:
- Standard Level Certification: Provides a foundational certification of company and product use of MISMO standards and best practices within a specified business domain through self assessment and verified through integration partner references. Check out the list of products that are Certified MISMO Compliant Standard® and noted on the Registry of MISMO Certified Standard Level Products.
- Premiere Level Certification: Requires an independent third party validation of a company and product use of MISMO standards and best practices within a specified business domain. A list of products that are Certified MISMO Compliant Premiere® is provided on the Registry of MISMO Certified Premiere Level Products.
Authorized Assessors Program: Companies wishing to participate in the Premiere Level Program as Authorized Assessors (independent third party reviewers) are subject to a rigorous application and authorization process. The list of companies approved by MISMO to serve as a MISMO Certified Authorized Assessor® is provided on the Authorized Assessor Register.
The Compliance Program is open to any company that has developed MISMO based software, products or tools using MISMO standards and best practices. Program participants who successfully complete the certification program will be able to use the MISMO Compliant Certification Mark under the contractual terms of the program. Only products that have successfully completed the program may claim that they are certified MISMO compliant.
If your company is interested in learning more about the MISMO Software Compliance Certification Program, please contact MISMO at firstname.lastname@example.org