Why should you get involved with MISMO?
- Be a part of the action: Collaborate with other industry experts to solve important business issues. Lend your voice directly to the standards development process. Participate in the standards development process to get an early view into new reporting requirements and to ensure that they are reflective of your sector of the industry. Getting involved is the best and quickest way to build your expertise around the standards.
- Influence the industry and potential regulatory reporting: Our industry is facing more than 100 new housing regulations under the Dodd-Frank Act alone. Now we also have the newly revised HMDA rule and new reporting requirements related to the Uniform Residential Loan Application (URLA). With these regulations and reporting requirements comes the burden of additional reporting requirements. Without the availability and adoption of standards, each agency would create its own proprietary reporting formats and, as you can imagine, costs would spiral for every lender, servicer and vendor in the industry.
- Be an industry leader: Join MISMO. Take advantage of the opportunity to position your company with leadership in data standards - become a MISMO Champion.
How can you get involved and support MISMO?
- Participate in the standards setting process. MISMO Work Groups are where the standards are made. Learn how to participate in a MISMO Industry or Development Work Group by clicking here. MISMO has workgroups focused on functional areas across the mortgage loan lifecycle.
- Attend a MISMO Educational Summit & Workshop. Learn even more about MISMO. Participate in face-to-face meetings to collabrate on the industry's most pressing business issues with various MISMO industry work groups. Engage in MISMO implementation "how to" sessions with industry experts and practitioners. You won't want to miss the next MISMO Summit !
- Get Certified. Is your product MISMO Compliant? Prove it. Only products certified through the MISMO Software Compliance Certification program may claim that they are truly MISMO Compliant. Differentiate your product from others in the market by participating in the Certification Program.
- Earn your CMSP® (Certified MISMO Standards Professional) designation. The CMSP is designed to equip industry professionals with a designation of excellence denoting their advanced knowledge of MISMO standards and best practices.
- Become a member. Join MISMO. Support MISMO financially by becoming a member and enjoy the many benefits of of membership. MISMO depends on member support to administer and evolve the organization's work and resources to support the industry. If your organization would like to provide support to MISMO above and beyond the normal membership you may want to participate in the MISMO Champions program.
- Learn More. MISMO offers training in a variety of formats and content so that you can gain the knowledge you need to effectively leverage the standards to resolve business issues and improve efficiencies. MISMO offers educational opportunities for both business and technology professionals. Check out the latest classes from MISMO today.