2020 MISMO Membership Letter
With Your Help, MISMO Delivered. Now it's Time to Renew.
To MISMO's Extraordinary Partners,
Now is the time to renew your support for MISMO. It's been a great year for the mortgage industry, and MISMO has done its part by solving today's complex issues, while laying the groundwork for an exciting future of positive change and innovation.
What has MISMO done this year? Take a look at some of the ways we are solving complex issues, providing uniformity, and creating new technological innovation for use by lenders of all sizes and business models. In 2019, we:
- Created model language to help lenders obtain borrower consent to share IRS tax data. And we did it in 30 days.
- Issued templates to standardize closing instructions. These templates will reduce confusion and result in less closing and post-closing issues.
- Issued standards for Remote Online Notary. These standards are being used by secretaries of state to develop state regulations, and their existence helped encourage permitting legislation across the country (22 states and counting).
- Issued an online, searchable glossary of mortgage terms.
- Released the next generation of MISMO in the form of the technology agnostic Logical Data Model and the new business reference model providing business process views of the standards.
- And lest we forget to mention advances in the commercial mortgage industry, we also created a standard rent roll dataset.
To ensure MISMO has the resources necessary to accelerate the development of new industry-wide standards in 2020, we are implementing changes to both annual membership dues and the MISMO Champions Program.
For the 2020 membership cycle, the cost of MISMO membership will increase from $2,500 to $3,500. Additionally, participation in one of the three MISMO Champions Program levels will now require the following investment: Chairman ($50,000), Executive ($15,000), and Associate ($5,000). Together, these changes will help ensure MISMO remains the mortgage industry's leader in creating standards and providing common language for exchanging data.
As an incentive to renew early and a thank you for your company's generous investment in MISMO in 2019, we are offering the ability to renew your 2020 MISMO membership and participate in the Champion's programs at last year's dues as long as we receive payment before December 21, 2019.
We hope you'll consider taking your involvement in MISMO to the next level by joining the updated MISMO Champions Program, which further enables MISMO to provide the resources you need to be successful. MISMO Champions receive:
- Complimentary event registrations
- Exclusive briefings by MISMO Committee Leadership and staff
- Recognition on MISMO's website, at industry conferences and on social media
- Exclusive invitations to attend special MISMO events and briefings
- Access to the Champions Lounge at MISMO Summits and much more
If you decide to become a MISMO Champion in 2020, we'll make things easy by combining your MISMO membership and Champions program participation into a single invoice. To get started or for more information, please visit http://www.mismo.org/get-involved/become-a-mismo-champion, or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 557-2715. Invoices with this 2020 renewal information will be sent to MISMO member organizations in the coming days.
More than ever, MISMO is vastly improving the way mortgage industry participants communicate and solve their most critical business challenges. And none of this would be possible without the commitment and support of members like you. Collaboration from lenders, vendors and thought leaders, as well as a self-sustaining financial structure, is necessary to ensure MISMO can effectively serve the industry. This year's success is proof that a better resourced standards organization can more quickly provide industry solutions to business problems through MISMO's collaborative process.
We look forward to your continued support and investment in MISMO. Here's wishing you all the best for an exciting and successful 2020!
Vice President MISMO