Product Certification FAQs
1. What is a MISMO Product Certification?
MISMO Certification is a verification that an interface, data exchange or API complies with MISMO standards. The certification is determined based on an objective and structured assessment of a solution to verify development and maintenance to MISMO standards.
2. When should a MISMO Product Certification be obtained?
- When there is a solution designed or developed using MISMO standards.
- If a solution designed and developed using MISMO standards is in pre-production, it can also be considered. Sufficient development cycles should be completed to share and present details of the architecture and experience.
3. How does my organization apply for a MISMO Product Certification?
To apply for a MISMO Product Certification, your organization must pay an application fee and complete and submit the following to MISMO via email to [email protected]:
4. What is the fee to apply for a MISMO Product Certification?
MISMO certification fees are based on the number of data points in the interface(s) being certified. A company can submit multiple interfaces for certification, the total number of data points will be calculated. Here is the pricing based on data points:
5. How long does a MISMO Product Certification process take?
Upon submission of a complete application package, including the application fee, the MISMO audit team will contact you to schedule a preliminary discussion. Once the preliminary discussion occurs an assessment will be scheduled. Once the assessment is completed, it takes on average 10-15 business days for MISMO to review and provide its initial assessment of compliance with the MISMO standards. If the product is found to be fully compliant then MISMO standards, certification will be granted. Otherwise, the Applicant will have an opportunity to remediate any non-compliant items.
6. How will organizations identify MISMO Certified Products that have obtained a MISMO Product Certification?
MISMO maintains a list of MISMO Certified Products that have obtained a MISMO Product Certification. MISMO provides all certified products with a "MISMO Certified" seal which can be prominently displayed on the provider's website and marketing materials, pursuant to additional usage terms and conditions set forth by MISMO.
7. Will a MISMO Product Certification take the place of other assessment and approval processes technology providers currently undergo?
It is up to each individual organization to determine if it will accept the MISMO Product Certification in lieu of its own processes or reduce its assessment criteria or processes for technology providers that have an active MISMO Product Certification. MISMO is actively working with several organizations to begin aligning these efforts with an objective of reducing duplicative reviews, assessments, and approval processes.
8. How long is the certification good for?
Each certification is valid for 12 months from the date of certification. A product certification must be renewed annually.
9. How does my organization apply to renew its MISMO Product Certification?
A MISMO Product Certification must be renewed within 60 days after its expiration. To apply to renew a product's certification, complete and submit a MISMO Product Certification Application to [email protected]. If a MISMO Product Certification Application Agreement remains in effect, then you do not need to submit a new one.
To see the full certification program disclaimer follow this link: MISMO Software Compliance Certification Disclaimer.