Mortgage Insurance Community of Practice (CoP)
Join the Mortgage Insurance CoP to hear about the latest efforts, to collaborate and contribute to our work efforts!
What is the Mortgage Insurance Community of Practice?
The Mortgage Insurance Community of Practice continues to design, develop, and maintain standards in support of the mortgage insurance providers in the residential loan origination and servicing lifecycle. In addition, the Community develops supporting documentation to provide guidance in the use of these standards.
- Develop data specifications and data mapping guidance for MI Rate Quotes, MI Application, Loan Boarding, Servicing Transfers, MI Cancellations, MI Claims, MI Explanation of Benefits and MI Loan Activity Reporting.
- Discuss adoption and implementation issues.
- Collaborate with lenders and service providers.
- Special projects in response to new and changing industry data requirements.
- Collaborate on industry challenges, issues, and needs, then generate new ideas on solutions that MISMO can explore.
- Create a JSON API specification for a Rate Quote for Mortgage Insurance.
- Create customer guide/artifacts for the API specification.
- Create an MI Activation API Transaction enabling users to activate a single MI Commitment from their LOS by providing closing date information.
"Introduction to Building a MISMO-based Mortgage Insurance Integration"
This webinar explains how several transactions between Mortgage Insurance companies and their trading partners have been standardized to facilitate business integrations. Transactions discussed in the webinar include MI Rate Quote, MI Order, and MI Query. After listening to the free webinar, viewers will be prepared to have next-step discussions with the MI companies. Click here for more details.
How to Join
Anyone may participate in a MISMO development workgroup or community of practice regardless of membership status. Voting members of Information Management and Architecture Workgroup are elected as per governance procedures. Membership in MISMO is open to anyone - mortgage lenders, banks, credit unions, servicers, vendors, government agencies and more. MISMO members receive a voice, and vote, in creating and enhancing industry standards used by the entire industry. Learn more here.
Kim Lafferty, Radian Guaranty Inc., Co-Chair
Mike Mueller, MGIC, Co-Chair
Amy Ketterling, MGIC, Vice-Chair
Erin Bittenbender, MISMO
Meets the 3rd Monday of each month from 1-2pm EST.
Meeting URL: https://mba-org.zoom.us/j/81348827910