MISMO HMDA Implementation Toolkit
The MISMO HMDA Implementation Toolkit is designed to help companies implement the new CFPB HMDA rules. These tools, collectively referred to as the HMDA Implementation Toolkit (the Toolkit), offer a comprehensive collection of guidance, mapping documents , and other information about the rule and the use of MISMO in meeting the requirements of the rule. In particular, the tools help companies build upon existing reporting requirements such as the GSE Uniform Mortgage Data Program (UMDP). By building upon already existing reporting requirements, companies should gain efficiencies in developing and maintaining their HMDA solution.
The Toolkit is comprised of multiple components as follows:
- HMDA Implementation Guide : Provides an overview of the new HMDA Loan Application Register (LAR) requirements and illustrates how to leverage the value of the MISMO standard as it applies to HMDA LAR reporting and data exchange of submission.
- Appendix A - HMDA MISMO LAR Mapping : Provides a detailed mapping from the Regulation C HMDA reporting requirements to Version 3.4 of the MISMO Reference Model including data point and enumeration mappings; applicable HMDA rule commentary; derivation illustrations; recommendations for data conditionality and much more.
- Appendix B - Reporting Scenario Examples : Provides a use case template and test data for a variety of reporting scenarios.
- Appendix C - Reporting Scenario Example - Sample XML : Provides sample XML for the variety of reporting scenarios highlighted in Appendix B.
- Appendix D - Illustration of MISMO to LAR Derivation Logic : Provides a field by field illustration of how to derive the revised HMDA LAR from Version 3.4 of the MISMO Reference Model including actual XPATHs; helpful tips and step savers and much more.
- Appendix E - MISMO HMDA Data Conditionality At-A-Glance : Provides a quick view of the HMDA data conditionality in chart form by HMDA and MISMO data points. Conditionality recommendations are also captured in detail in the HMDA Implementation Guide and Appendix A HMDA MISMO LAR Mapping Document.
MISMO members may access the MISMO HMDA Implementation Toolkit on demand as a member benefit and can immediately begin to take advantage of all the Toolkit has to offer. Other industry participants may click here to purchase and access the MISMO HMDA Implementation Toolkit for the nominal fee of $250.
The MISMO HMDA Implementation Toolkit is currently in the final stages of review by the MISMO Residential Standards Governance Committee. The MISMO Community will be notified when the Toolkit has been fully approved. Future updates and enhancements to the Toolkit may be required as additional guidance and specifications regarding the HMDA rule become available from the CFPB.Such updates will be provided as they become available.
MISMO HMDA Reporting and Implementation Overview Webinar
MISMO offered a webinar on August 30, 2016 intended to provide an high level understanding of the revised Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) rule reporting requirements, implementation considerations, and to provide information on how to use the MISMO standards to support implementation of the revised rule.
Registration to access the recording will be available shortly!