Join MISMO's Architecture Workgroup!
The MISMO Architecture Workgroup will be working on the use, feasibility and best patterns for using Metadata or tags which can also provide additional information such as a unique identifiers and versioning at the Container and the individual Data Element level.
This effort will specifically look at finding a pattern which will provide the following Industry benefits:
- Increase organizational agility and reduce costs.
- Reduce the efforts needed to use the Standards with API development efforts.
- Ease concerns associated with widespread adoption and use of the API Toolkit because there will be an intuitive cross reference between XML and the API Toolkit.
- Address data quality and reduce translation issues as there is traceable back to the LDM.
- Creation of a possible LDD for APIs and which will simplify the development of a Services Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Greatly reduces the burdens associated when having to use multiple versions of the XML standards.
- Forward looking as can Meta data, tags, identifiers and versioning provide a start to a viable API Taxonomy and Ontology.
- Does this effort provide any other benefits to MISMO products or efforts such as Business Glossary?
- To what extent does this effort complement the RSGC/Organizational ambitious API goals for 2021.
Once consensus is reached as to the best pattern, recommendation(s) will be made to RSCG. Once approved, those will be provided to MISMO as a whole for review. The second phase will be implementation focused. We have an ambitious goal and would like both phases complete and available if possible for inclusion with the next Standards publication either in part or whole. We are looking for all who are interested in joining this ground breaking effort to including but not limited to data architects, data governance, business leaders and others who will benefit.
If you are interested to participate with this group and are already a MISMO member you may join the collaboration site that has been established on "MISMO Connect". If you are not a member of MISMO, let us know that you would like to participate by sending an email to email@example.com. For information on how to become a MISMO Member, see here.
Bill Klumper, FirstStep Software Systems, Co-Chair
Christopher Stookey, Wells Fargo, Co-Chair
Domenic Virgilio, United Wholesale Mortgage, Vice-Chair