MISMO Certified Consultants
There is a strong and growing business need for MISMO expertise to help organizations begin or continue the adoption of MISMO standards. Because of this, MISMO created the MISMO Certified Consultant Program. This program is designed to allow seasoned consultant companies the ability to display their mortgage industry domain knowledge, expertise in the MISMO standards, and their commitment in supporting the MISMO community.
Organizations of varying scale, size, and with different areas of MISMO expertise may become a MISMO Certified Consultant. The MISMO-certified consultant program framework includes a multi-step process to verify that each consultant company meets the criteria outlined in the program requirements. The program also has several domains in which consultants can identify a specialization. Each certification is good for one year, a consultant will be reviewed annually to ensure continued compliance with the program.
Consultants will have the opportunity to demonstrate their domain expertise in one or mor of the following areas:
- Mortgage technology strategic planning
- Operational Efficiency
- Design and planning of MISMO standards implementation
- MISMO standards implementation
The certification process will also verify the Consultants experience in one or more of the following industry segments:
- Origination (application to closing)
- Secondary/capital markets
- Property Valuation and Appraisal
To become a MISMO Certified Consultant, a consulting company must:
- Be a current MISMO member.
- Active participation within MISMO.
- Have at least one employee MISMO certified (CMSP/AMSP). The person leading the consulting engagement should have a CMSP.
- Provide project examples and client reference.
For a complete list of requirements and for more information on applying to become a MISMO Certified Consultant please email [email protected].