eMortgage Technology Certification
MISMO is offering technology providers an opportunity for MISMO certification of their eMortgage technology solutions. MISMO provides certifications for:
- Remote Online Notarization ("RON") platforms;
- eClosing Systems.
Each certification is valid for a period of one year. The MISMO eMortgage Technology Certification provides a multitude of benefits for technology providers and mortgage industry participants such as loan originators, settlement agents, title underwriters, and investors. MISMO eMortgage Technology Certification benefits include:
- Provides clarity and transparency on which eMortgage technology providers comply with the applicable MISMO standards/certification requirements;
- Reduces or potentially eliminates the resource burden of duplicative assessment, certification, and approval processes of eMortgage technology providers by individual mortgage industry participants;
- Provides a consistent assessment process of eMortgage technology providers;
- Decreases the risk of eMortgage technology providers' non-compliance with MISMO standards/certification requirements;
- Facilitates earlier identification and remediation of issues to mitigate their impact;
- Supports the integrity and scalability of eClosings and eNotarization platforms across the mortgage ecosystem.
To apply for a MISMO eMortgage Technology Certification, please follow these steps:
Step 1: Complete and sign the MISMO® eMortgage Technology Certification Application.
Step 2: Complete and sign the MISMO® eMortgage Technology Certification Application Agreement.
Step 3: Complete and sign the Questionnaire, Attestations, & Required Documentation form corresponding to the product(s) for which you are seeking MISMO certification. Please note that completion of these forms requires providing the requested documentation, as applicable.
Step 4: Submit the forms, agreement, and documentation noted in steps 1 - 3 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "MISMO eMortgage Certification".
MISMO will inform you of the applicable certification fees and payment options, which must be paid prior to the start of the certification process.