Mortgage Insurance Estimated Rate Quote API
MISMO is excited to announce its MI Estimated Rate Quote API for a 60-day comment period that will run through December 20, 2021.
This public comment period also allows those who participated on the proposals at least 60 days notice prior to final release to review and disclose any applicable Patent Rights (as defined by MISMO's 2018 Intellectual Property Rights Policy).
The JSON Estimated Rate Quote is designed to provide lenders with the MI Rate prior to submitting an MI Order. Generally, this type of rate quote is used early in the process to obtain a rate quote for disclosure.
The JSON Estimated Rate Quote was created for trading partners who would like to utilize a more lightweight REST Based API transaction than the XML Estimated Rate Quote. The JSON Rate Quote data requirements differ from the XML Estimated Rate Quote in that:
- Single MI Product Rate Quote only - multiple MI Premium Plans are not returned in the response
- If the MI Premium Plan is not specified, a Borrower Paid Deferred Monthly MI Premium Plan is defaulted
- Conditionally required data points are defaulted if not provided (where applicable)
- Considerably less conditionally required data than XML
- The Rate Quote Response contains a URL to a Rate Quote PDF. No embedded PDF in the response.
MISMO Members can access the API Toolkit in the Resource Library housed on MISMO's Collaboration Site "MISMO Connect" here.
Non-Members can access the MI Rate Quote API here.
For additional information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.